My initial response was that many businessmen and women golf for the networking and social aspect of the game. Others participate in golf outings just to get out of the office for a day. Despite these answers, This whole conversation intrigued my medical side so I did some research. Here are five reasons why everyone should consider signing up for the Chamber Golf Outing.
1. Golfing Burns Calories- Golfing, while using a golf cart, burns an average of 411 calories. If you would walk and carry your own clubs then the average is 721 calories.
2. Golfers Have Decreased Death Rates- The life expectancy of those who golf regularly increases by 5 years.
3. Physical Exercise- Walking 18 holes of golf is equal to 3-4 miles.
4. Golf Improves Concentration- The more concentrated you can become during your golf game, they more this quality will carry over into your everyday life.
5. Basic Health Benefits- The basic health benefits are undeniable, clean air, less stress, and hours of physical activity.
So there you have it. On top of fun, excitement, and social enjoyment you can claim overall improved health and well-being to justify coming to the Chamber Golf Outing on July 11th at Eagle Rock Golf Club.