Serving the Greater Defiance Area in community development for 75 years.
The Defiance Area Chamber of Commerce is designed to promote our business community by gathering and disseminating information, keeping advised of all relevant government issues, advocating for members' interests, and serving as a catalyst for growth and prosperity.
So, what is the Chamber...
- A referral agency for its members.
- An open forum to discuss and identify community needs and directions.
- A respected voice of advocacy for business and education for the Defiance area.
- A source of information where community data is collected, updated, and made available as requested.
- An organization that offers many benefits to its members that the general public cannot access.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Chamber? Different Chambers provide different roles. The Defiance Area Chamber is a member-based organization that has developed an excellent reputation for serving its members and communities as an advocate and catalyst for community and business success in the Defiance Area. The Chamber has a staff of 2, plus over 20 board members and numerous others volunteering their time to make the Defiance Area a better place to live, work and invest.
Why is it important to continue membership? Chamber membership is a win-win situation. We rely on the support of our members to continue our efforts in community development, business advocacy and membership services, thereby supporting and improving your business. As an added bonus, the Chamber provides quality services that give each of our members a competitive advantage. When members take advantage of the numerous value-added benefits that Chamber membership provides, their membership is often paid for many times over. Keep in mind, your competitors may already be members and reaping the rewards of the networking and discount opportunities the Chamber offers.
How do I get business from being a Chamber member? The Chamber is one of the strongest allies you could have. Did you know that consumers are 63% more likely to buy goods and services from a company that is a member of the local chamber of commerce and business decision makers are 59% more likely to buy goods and services from chamber members? In addition, Chamber membership provides:
- Free Listings: You will receive one listing in our membership directory. You will also receive a listing on the Chamber website that will give you the opportunity for new business.
- Referrals: When consumers are looking for a particular product or service, many times the first place they think to call is the Chamber. We refer those callers only to our Chamber member businesses.
- Networking: Making contacts is an integral part of your success. Several well-attended and entertaining Chamber events take place throughout the year that provide great networking opportunities.
- Promotional Tool: Join of other Chamber member businesses who offer a special discount only to other Chamber members and/or staff. A great way to bring in new business without any promotional expense!
- Advertising opportunities: In addition to advertising in Chamber publications, you will also be provided with advertising savings worth thousands of dollars - exclusively offered to Chamber members.
Are my employees members too? Yes! Your Chamber membership is also an employee benefit for your staff! When you join the Chamber, your employees are entitled to special discounts offered to them by other Chamber member businesses.
Does being a member take a lot of my time? No! There is no time commitment required, and you will not be pressured to get involved. You can be involved as much or as little as you like. Do keep in mind that making connections is one of the most important things you can do to ensure your success. The Chamber creates the opportunities for you to do just that by attending Chamber events such as our monthly Business After Hours.