Introduction to Defiance Area Leadership Program
To develop future community leaders for the Defiance and surrounding
areas through education, experience and involvement.
Intent and Purpose:
Defiance Area Leadership, facilitated by the Defiance Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation, Inc., is a nine-month one day per
month program geared to providing current and potential leaders an increased awareness of community and an opportunity to enhance their leadership skills.
Arps Dairy, Inc.
Baker-Shindler Contracting Co.
City Beverage Company
Mercy Defiance Clinic/ Mercy Defiance Hospital
ProMedica Defiance Regional Hospital
Farmers & Merchants State Bank
First Federal Bank
General Motors Powertrain
The Hubbard Company
Metalink Technologies, Inc.
Midwest Community Fed. Credit Union
Servicemaster of Defiance
The Sherwood State Bank
Time Warner Cable Business Class
• To identify a diverse pool of existing and emerging leaders in the community,
• To provide these individuals a historic perspective of the community and an awareness of the forces which drive the economy,
• To introduce these individuals to the challenges and opportunities facing the community,
• To establish group atmosphere dynamics and leadership training opportunities,
• To network a civic service opportunity as a requirement of graduation, and
• To establish a communications network between present and future community leaders.
How will my organization and I benefit?
Through Defiance Area Leadership, participants will develop an awareness and sensitivity to issues facing their organization. Their leadership skills will be challenged and enhanced helping to develop better employees. Participants will establish a network that cuts across social, economic, professional and demographic boundaries. The organization will also enjoy increased community visibility while the community will realize a pool of proven leaders with a greater understanding and appreciation of community issues, and the vision need to address them.
Leadership - Requirements and Application Information
Who is eligible to participate?
Defiance Area Leadership seeks men and women who:
• Have demonstrated a sincere commitment, motivation or interest in the community
• Have reached or have the potential for top leadership positions within their organizations
• Have the support of their employer and the availability of time to participate in all programs of Defiance Area Leadership, and
• Represent a diverse cross-section of the community.
CLICK HERE for a 2013-2014 Application!